AKENAC PARK IS OPEN
Activities available at the Park will be fishing, hiking, swimming, and playground. Parking will be limited. Social distancing is encouraged for the safety of township employees and patrons of the park. Masks are required in close proximity of others as well as while using port-a-johns. For other rules, please see the township facebook page and website. If you have any questions, please call the Township Office at (570) 828-2347.
SUMMER 2020 RULES & REGULATIONS DUE TO COVID-19
- The beach is open, lifeguards on duty 11am to 5pm - Wednesday through Sunday.
- No flotation devices are permitted in the lake.
- No flipping or diving off docks.
- Do not hang off the ropes.
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Parking will be limited. Once the parking area is full, the park gates will be closed.
- Boat rentals are unavailable.
- No personal watercrafts permitted into the park.
- Beach chairs will not be provided.
- The recreation hall is closed and unavailable for rental.
- The bathhouse is closed.
- Port-a-johns are provided.
- Social distancing of at least 6ft is encouraged for the safety of staff and visitors.
- Masks are encouraged when interacting with other residents and using port-a-johns.
- No grilling. No open fires.
- Use of the park for parties is prohibited until further notice
- All individuals entering the Park are obligated to provide proof of residency of Pike County.
- All Pike County residents shall enter the Park free of charge.
- All Pennsylvania residents who reside outside of Pike County may enter the Park at a charge of $5.00 per person.
- All out of State residents will be permitted to enter the Park at a charge of $20 per person.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- No smoking. No vaping.
- No pets.
- No foul language.
- No littering, dumping refuse or disposing of outside refuse.
- No hunting.
- No fireworks or explosives are permitted to be discharged or possessed in the park.
- No solicitation or sale of goods without written approval.
- Plant removal prohibited.
- Harassment of wildlife is prohibited.
- Defacing and/or removal of park property is prohibited.
- No operation of motor vehicles outside designated parking and entrance area.
- Noise and/or music should be kept to an acceptable level and not disturb normal sensitivities of other visitors.
- Harassment of other visitors or disorderly conduct is prohibited.
TOWNSHIP STAFF RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ASK YOU TO LEAVE THE PARK IF ANY OF THE ABOVE GUIDELINES ARE NOT FOLLOWED. IF A RESIDENT REFUSES TO LEAVE THE PREMISES WHEN ASKED, THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE POLICE WILL BE CONTACTED IMMEDIATELY.