May 28, 2020
Re: Delaware Township Facilities in the Yellow Phase
Governor Wolf has announced that Pike County will move to the yellow phase of his reopening plan on Friday, May 29th. The Stay at Home Order is lifted for aggressive mitigation. Residents are encouraged to continue wearing face masks when interacting with other people, frequently wash their hands or use hand sanitizer and to observe social distancing of at least six (6) feet.
In accordance with the Governor’s Orders, CDC and PA guidelines, the following Township facilities will be opening immediately:
- Ballfields (no organized sports are permitted)
- Ballfield bathroom facilities
- Basketball Court on Ball Park Rd (no organized sports are permitted)
The following facilities remain closed, but the Township is actively working to open them safely to residents:
- Township municipal hall for groups of 25 or less.
- Akenac Park
- Ball Park Road Playground
Please also be aware:
- The Township Office will closed on June 2nd and June 3rd for election day and disinfection of facilities afterward. Staff will work remotely.
Delaware Township continues to actively develop policies and work to be in compliance with Federal and State reopening guidelines. We are continuously monitoring and reviewing information on COVID-19 and intend to do what is best for the residents of Delaware Township.
Thank you for your continued support and cooperation.
Delaware Township Board of Supervisors