April 27, 2017
The Delaware Township Board of Supervisors are currently seeking a motivated college student for an internship in the Emergency Management and Planning. The ideal successful candidate will be currently enrolled in an undergraduate university or college program with a focus / major in emergency service, engineering, public administration or planning. This is a part time position with a flexible schedule of 12 hours per week during normal business hours beginning June 5, 2017 and running through August 11, 2017. The position provides an hourly wage of $10.00 per hour. There are no benefits or overtime provided and the selected individual must be available for the full term specified. Individual will be responsible for collecting, analyzing and synthesizing data related to hazard mitigation/emergency management and community resilience (e.g., historic events and losses) and other related activities as directed. Proficiency in the use of MS Word, Excel and having a working knowledge of Powerpoint in order to effectively execute the duties of the position. Some experience in the use of geographic information systems (GIS) is a plus. A valid driver’s license and criminal background check are required. This experience is designed to provide the selected individual the opportunity to gain an understanding of hazard mitigation activities, the emergency management planning process and project implementation to enhance their educational experience.
The selected candidate will:
• Work collaboratively with and under the supervision of the Township Emergency Management Coordinator or Township Administrator
• Assist in the preparation of various plans including hazard mitigation, community resource listings and public information relating to emergency preparedness including analysis of demographic, environmental, historical hazard data, etc.
• Develop and maintain spreadsheets and trackers for components and activities relating to emergency management
• Assist with document and plan production needs for internal and external stakeholders in the planning process including offsite meetings within the township as necessary
• Provide administrative support as needed
Other Required Skills:
Ability to work independently
Ability communicate with effectively
Ability collect and analyze hazard, threat, and consequence data
Ability to efficiently prepare technical documents
Ability to work in a collaborative manner as part of a team
Flexibility and the ability to adapt to ever-changing situations
Excellent constructive communicator, both written and verbal
Interested individuals should submit a letter of interest, resume and 3 professional references to the Delaware Township Board of Supervisors 117 Wilson Hill Road Dingmans Ferry, Pa 18328 NLT Wednesday May 10, 2017- please mark all submissions- attention Emergency Management. Township residents that meet qualifications are encouraged to apply.